Q&A from How to Use Pet Travel to Drive Clinic Revenue Webinar

by Ali Oaks | July 21, 2022

In our recent webinar, How to Use Pet Travel to Drive Clinic Revenue, the GlobalVetLink team shared pet travel trends, top ten pet travel destinations, and how you can use pet travel to drive revenue for your clinic.

Here, we’re sharing resources and Q&A from the webinar. If you still have questions related to this webinar, please contact us and we’ll add them to this list.

Questions and answers from the webinar

There were many questions submitted by webinar attendees, and not all of them could be addressed in the hour-long session. We have compiled the questions and worked with the GlobalVetLink team to provide answers to the best of our knowledge. Click on a topic to expand the Q&A.

General GlobalVetLink Questions

Through the GlobalVetLink platform, you can create:

  • International Health Certificates
  • Domestic Health Certificates (Including Hawaii)
  • Rabies Vaccination Certificates
  • Equine Infectious Anemia Tests
  • Extended Equine CVIs
  • Veterinary Feed Directives
  • Veterinary Prescriptions
  • ForSale Certificates (Florida Only)

GlobalVetLink offers a subscription-based model and charges each veterinary practice a monthly subscription fee and per certificate fee. The GlobalVetLink monthly subscription is $34.95/mo and the certificate fees vary depending on the certificate type. GlobalVetLink also offers a pay-as-you go plan, where the clinic is charged for each certificate at a higher certificate fee with no monthly subscription fee.

When you sign up for GlobalVetLink, you will create an account for your hospital. Under this account, each doctor will have their own individual profile that they log into to access the clinic’s account.

All signatures on the Pet TravelPass for Hawaii are electronically signed by the veterinarian. The only wet signature required is from the pet owner on the AQS-279 form when they print out the packet to finish and mail it in.

Domestic CVIs are automatically submitted to the state of origin and destination when they are completed through GlobalVetLink. All International Health Certificates, including those completed through GlobalVetLink, have to be submitted to USDA-APHIS for endorsement before the pet can travel. This can be completed through the VEHCS website, or by mailing the certificates to your local APHIS office.

You can direct your clients looking for domestic travel requirements to AnimalRegs.com. This website will allow them to search for requirements based on the origin and destination site. Those clients looking for international travel requirements can find them on the USDA pet travel site, or you can view them in your GlobalVetLink account.

Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVIs)

Yes, GVL certificates are accepted by all 50 states and the US territories.

GlobalVetLink automatically submits your signed CVIs to the state of origin and destination, so you no longer need to mail copies to the states.

Yes, you can grant MyVetLink access to your clients by adding their email address to their profile in your GlobalVetLink account and they will be able to create an account and log into MyVetLink to view their completed certificates.

In the GlobalVetLink program, you can only select one species type per Certificate of Veterinary Inspection.

International Health Certificates (IHCs)

GlobalVetLink has built a Compliance Engine that powers the platform. Our Compliance Engine checks the USDA Pet Travel site and other international pet travel resources to ensure that we have the most current requirements powering the International Pet TravelPass.

At this time, the following countries are fully supported through GlobalVetLink:

  • Argentina
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria
  • Canada
  • Canary Islands
  • Channel Island
  • Chile
  • Columbia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Dominican Republic
  • England – UK
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Guadeloupe
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Isle of Man
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • Northern Ireland
  • Norway
  • Panama
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Scotland
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Wales

Our team is continually working to add additional countries requirements to the GVL platform.

The GVL Pet TravelPass will provide you with a list that provides the requirements (documents needed, health requirements, travel timeline and any additional notes) for any country. You can use this list as reference for the countries that we do not have the International Health Certificate process fully developed, and you can also use GlobalVetLink to create the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and Rabies Vaccination Certificate.

We recommend saving the rabies vaccination certificates to your desktop or file on your computer. When you get to the portion of the certificate where you upload the Rabies certificates, you will choose to upload the saved files from your computer. 

Yes, you can start and save a draft without entering a travel date. A draft can be created with only the destination location and the owner’s information. You will be required to enter the travel date before you can finalize the certificates.

Download the webinar slides

Download the webinar slides in PDF form to easily review the GlobalVetLink team’s presentation.

Watch How to Use Pet Travel to Drive Clinic Revenue Online

Are you taking advantage of pet travel requests from your clients to increase your clinic’s revenue?

Watch this webinar (recorded 7/14/2022), to learn about pet travel trends, top ten pet travel destinations, and how you can use pet travel to drive revenue for your clinic.

Watch this webinar (recorded 7/14/2022) to learn about:

  • Trends in domestic and international pet travel
  • Increasing your clinic revenue through pet travel services
  • How easy it is to create CVIs and IHCs through GlobalVetLink